Administration of TUMmesa
As inter-departmental institution within the School of Life Sciences Weihenstephan, TUMmesa is led by two scientists who annually alternate as Managing Director and Vice-director, respectively. The directors are elected by the members of the TUMmesa Steering Board; both the directors and the members have a mandate for four years. The expertise of members of the Steering Board should cover the research spectrum envisioned for TUMmesa.
The steering board develops close links to the phytotron facilities at Helmholtz Centre Munich to
- explore possibilities of joint integrative research programs,
- appoint one joint scientific advisory board,
- and organize joint scientific workshops.
The two directors are responsible for the adequate use and reliable operation of TUMmesa. They are supported Mr Roman Meier roman.meier[at]tum.de, an engineer in charge of maintaining TUMmesa. The Steering Board takes the responsibility for the scientific use of TUMmesa; it meets four times a year and
- defines the overall research programme,
- identifies promising questions to be addressed,
- decides on project applications according to high scientific standards,
- develops efficient time schedules for phytotron users,
- and requests project reports as well as reprints from the resulting publications where TUMmesa has to be acknowledged.
TUMmesa Steering Board (TUMmesa-LA)
The TUMmesa-LA independently determines its research goals and - through election - its composition. The expertise of the members should cover the research spectrum defined for TUMmesa, the term of office is four years.
The use of TUMmesa has to be applied for at the TUMmesa-LA. Applications should be addressed to the two executive directors.
The TUMmesa-LA is responsible for the scientific use of TUMmesa. The TUMmesa-LA
- develops long-term research concepts as well as the use/occupancy plans,
- regulates the access of research projects to TUMmesa according to scientific criteria (quality control) and issues usage permits,
- requests final report as well as publication of research results in scientific peer-reviewed journals, with reference to TUMmesa.
Prof. Dr. Johannes Kollmann (Director)
Dr. Leonardo H. Teixeira (Scientific Director)
Roman Meier (Engineer)
TUMmesa Steering Board
Prof. Dr. Gerd Patrick Bienert (Crop Physiology group, TUM)
Prof. Dr. Peter Annighöfer (Forest and Agroforestry group, TUM)
Prof. Dr. Senthold Asseng (Digital Agriculture group, TUM)
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Weisser (Terrestrial Ecology group, TUM)
TUMmesa Advisory Board
Prof. Dr. Nico Eisenhauer (iDiv Halle-Jena-Leipzig & Universität Leipzig)
Dr. Alexandru Milcu (Das Europäische Ökotron von Montpellier, CNRS)
Dr. Hendrik Poorter (Jülicher Zentrum für Pflanzenphänotypisierung)